Board of Directors
The official decision-making body of the Nebraska Society of CPAs is the board of directors, which meets four times a year. The board approves the budget, sets member dues, and makes other policy decisions.
The Nebraska Society has 11 committees and occasional ad hoc committees and task forces established to accomplish specific goals.
- Accounting Careers Committee
- Business & Industry Committee
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Committee
- Ethics Committee
- Fall Conference Committee
- Governmental Accounting & Auditing Committee
- Legislation Committee
- Not-For-Profit Committee
- Political Education Committee
- Taxation Committee
- Women in Accounting Committee
Participation on boards and committees is viewed as an opportunity for CPAs to further develop leadership skills and gain a broader perspective of the profession. In addition, these volunteers are provided an opportunity to truly influence a profession that touches the lives of nearly every Nebraskan. Committees meet two to three times per year.