Every Member. Every Day.
Our vision is to be the leading resource and advocate for the CPA profession in Nebraska.
Our mission is to enhance the professional success of the members; to encourage the maintenance of high professional standards; to facilitate relationships among the members; to further the professional knowledge, competence, and performance of the members; to promote a better understanding of services rendered by members; to promote the accounting profession; and to act in a representative capacity for the profession.
These core values guide our work:
We place integrity, trustworthiness, and accountability at the center of all we do.
We inspire each other and our members to embrace challenges and opportunities, to think creatively, and to strive for personal and professional excellence.
We respect one another and our members, regardless of our differences.
We understand the importance of the CPA profession and our passion lies in serving our members.
- Education Goal
To educate our members by offering quality, cost-effective Continuing Professional Education (CPE) through a variety of delivery formats.
- Legislative Goal
To advocate for a legislative and regulatory environment that supports our member CPAs.
- Communications Goal
To enhance and highlight the value of Society membership and promote the image of the CPA profession in Nebraska.
- Membership Goal
To maintain, serve, and support an active and involved membership to ensure the future success of the profession and the Society.
- Operations Goal
To develop and maintain effective and efficient Society operations for the benefit of our membership.
For the Record
- Today, the NESCPA is a highly effective organization headquartered in Lincoln, Neb.
- The Society has 2,533 members as of January 1, 2021.
- Approximately 150 CPA volunteers serve each year on the boards and committees of the Society and its Foundation.
- A total of 2,549 registrants attended 87 Society Continuing Professional Education (CPE) programs in 2020.
- Student Affiliate Membership in the Society began in 2019 and includes 115 individuals.
- The Nebraska CPA journal provides in-depth reports and features to Society members via a full-color, glossy publication six times each year.
- The Society has a staff of four full-time employees.