U.S. Dept. of Justice/U.S. Trustee Seeking Auditor
The U.S. Trustee Program, a division of the U.S. Dept. of Justice, is seeking applications to fill an auditor position in any of 4 offices in Region 13: Omaha, NE, Little Rock, AR, St. Louis, MO, or Kansas, MO.
April 21, 2023
The Auditor is responsible for the financial analysis and related investigative work associated with bankruptcy cases under applicable law. This analysis and investigative work supports the litigation and civil enforcement efforts of the USTP. Analytical and investigative assignments require a professional knowledge of accounting and financial analysis to perform work that is similar in scope and complexity to that performed by a public accounting firm. Day-to-day activities include:
- Applying professional accounting knowledge and understanding of general business operations to difficult and complex chapter 7 and chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Working closely with trial attorneys to review and analyze bankruptcy cases and supporting documentation to determine adequacy and accuracy of financial documents submitted, including in-depth review and analysis of bankruptcy and financial documents, sometimes for testimony at trial.
- Performing exams, audits, reviews, and analysis of bankruptcy cases administered by standing and panel trustees and determining their adequacy, accuracy, and compliance with accounting principles and practices.
- Providing a variety of related accounting and auditing services associated with chapter 7 and chapter 11 matters.
- Working closely with trial attorneys on large chapter 11 cases to determine the adequacy of information provided by debtors both at the beginning of the case and during its pendency.
- Ensure debtor’s compliance with required forms and documents.
Periodic travel is required, depending on work assignments and for training.
To qualify for an Auditor position, a candidate must meet the Selective Placement Factor and possess the appropriate degree or combination of education and experience.
Read more and learn how to apply at https://www.justice.gov/ust/employment-opportunities/Auditor-Recruitment.
The application deadline is MAY 14, 2023.Apply Online