- A natural problem solver
- A self-starter
Questions to ask yourself: Am I a leader? Can I delegate? Do I thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment?
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accumulate, analyze, and process financial accounting data to prepare tax returns, estimated tax payments, forecasts and financial accounting estimates of tax for individuals and business.
- Review and prepare federal, state, and local tax returns for individuals and businesses.
- Gather information and prepare responses for various IRS and state notices received by our clients.
- Maintain communications with Tax staff and other CPS staff in multiple departments on engagements regarding identified and ongoing tax issues.
- Understand and research basic to complex tax concepts and their application to client situations; communicate results with client.
- Organize and monitor workflow for tax and admin staff.
- Train and mentor fellow team members.
- Contribute to and implement process improvements.
- Handle special projects and other duties.
Education & Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, required
- CPA/EA designation required
- Experience with CCH ProSystemfx Tax and Engagement and Fixed Asset CS software preferred and strong skills using QuickBooks and Sage
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Skills & Competencies
- Work effectively in a team and across teams when necessary.
- Develop relationships throughout the company and to work collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external agencies.
- Manage multiple projects independently while being flexible.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage deadlines and expectations efficiently.
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the organization clearly articulating ideas, opinions and information.
What’s next? Send your resume to Susan Starr at email@example.com and take our 7-minute survey below.
Our benefits include health insurance, paid vacation and sick time, paid holidays, employer paid life insurance, and 401K match.
CPS has a long history of building lasting relationships with clients. We work hard to earn their trust and confidence and consider many of them to be good friends and part of our “family”. Many of our client relationships have lasted more than thirty years, and we have often worked with multiple generations of family members and organizational leaders. CPS Investment Advisors has been consistently awarded the “Best Places to Work.”