Tax Analyst-Remote Opportunity Available!
Coordinates the preparation of the BCBSNE federal and state tax returns. Prepares the monthly, quarterly, and annual federal tax provisions (current and deferred) for the financial reports.
December 21, 2022
Remote available! Omaha, NE
Coordinates the preparation of the BCBSNE federal and state tax returns. Prepares the monthly, quarterly, and annual federal tax provisions (current and deferred) for the financial reports. Completes quarterly federal tax estimates and makes applicable payments. Prepares the tax footnote disclosures for the year end annual statement and audit report to be filed with the Nebraska DOI. Performs research, documents, and implements applicable tax, regulatory and related matters. Prepares and assists with preparation of quarterly and annual regulatory and other reports. Leads and provides oversight of Fixed Assets accounting including determination of capital assets based on company’s policies and assignment of appropriate book and tax depreciation schedule. Prepares accounting and other financial analysis for other financial matters as directed. What you’ll do:
- Coordinate the preparation of the Company’s Federal and state tax returns.
- Prepare quarterly and annual current and deferred tax provisions.
- Prepare tax information, schedules, and footnote disclosures for the annual and quarterly statements and annual audit report.
- Research current and proposed tax matters and provide feedback on results including Healthcare reform regulations. Participate in BCBSA tax calls and provide feedback on tax matters.
- Oversight of Fixed Asset & Depreciation Accounting and personal property tax returns and coordinate LB775 & LB312 preparation and filings.
- Assist with the annual ORSA preparation and filing.
- Coordinate tax matters with external Tax consultants and external auditors (i.e., E&Y and Eide Bailly).
- Perform and/or participate in special projects as directed.
- Prepare quarterly Federal income tax estimates and payments.
- Prepare tax estimates for financial projections.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field and 5 years of experience in tax related role.
The strongest candidates for this position will also possess:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for this requirement.
The ability to meet or exceed the attendance and timeliness requirements of their departments.
The ability to work well in a team environment, and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Learn more about what makes BCBSNE such an exceptional place to work by visiting NebraskaBlue.com/Careers.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Posted: 12/13/2022Apply Online