Tax Credit Accountant - CPA Preferred
This position will be integral in ensuring the investment performs as projected, managing compliance with all federal and state income tax regulations, and reporting performance to pertinent stakeholders. In addition, other responsibilities include participation in diligence prior to investment, financial modeling, internal and external reporting, and interaction with investors and sponsors.
- Model potential tax credit investment opportunities for negotiation, modeling, and execution.
- Participate in the due diligence phase of an investment prior to close to manage risks, maximize profitability, and establish the mechanics for managing the investment post-close.
- Monitor and analyze overall performance of funding, operations, compliance requirements, and return thresholds associated with tax credit investments.
- Interact with project sponsors and project financiers on issues and delays. Correspond with internal accounting team with entity structure, cash movements, and book/tax accounting.
- Maintain ownership of general ledger, tax basis, and capital account tracking schedules relative to tax credit investments.
- Report pertinent accounting, tax, and performance information to third-party investors.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree required in Accounting or Business Administration with an emphasis in Taxation and/or experience below preferred. Certified Public Accountant (CPA)-Preferred
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years of tax compliance and return preparation experience in a public accounting firm. Expertise in partnership taxation and/or renewable energy tax credit investment experience is preferred.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Consistent, High Quality Results: Establishes credibility and finance leadership by producing timely, accurate and insightful results, consistently. Earns the respect of others through effective interaction with all teams.
- Extensive Microsoft Excel experience. Ability to organize large amounts of data.
- Efficiency/Accountability: Allocates time efficiently, focusing on ever-shifting priorities, continually seeks ways to improve individual and team productivity. Highly accountable and able to manage multiple complex tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Effective follow through skills.
- Energy, Drive, and Motivation: Embraces challenges enthusiastically, then executes relentlessly. Willingness to expand role and find ways to support members of the accounting, legal, and tax departments.
- Entrepreneurial: Encounters new business ideas and continuously assesses the proposals.
- Possesses strong project management and organizational skills.
- Broad business knowledge (law, accounting, tax, and human resources preferred).
- Strong experience with structuring transactions and proficient in partnership taxation.
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies, flexibility to handle pressure coming from all directions simultaneously. Able to work independently.
- Strong/confident communication style: Effectively communicates with and engages all levels of the organization from peers to executive management both verbally and in writing. Displays confidence in expressing opinions and in offering a point of view. Strong interpersonal skills.
Pay range for this position is - $65k-90k
- **this position is a Hybrid position