We are seeking an experienced Accounting professional to join our team as the Assistant Controller. This position reports directly to the Controller of the company. Strong leadership skills will be required to direct the work of six accounting staff members plus oversee the administration for the AP and AR systems. You will also assist the Controller with projects and monthly reporting for intercompany accounts.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to develop, coach, and provide team recognition.
- Bachelor’s degree, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA required.
- Technical expertise with a minimum 3 years professional experience in the accounting field.
Why work for us? We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Formal Management Development Program.
- Flexible work environment with a hybrid schedule.
- Paid time off for vacation, holidays, sick leave, leave of absence, and more.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees.
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
This position is located at our corporate office in South Sioux City, NE.
Who we are: Working together, Joe Morten & Son Inc. and Great West Casualty Company provide specialized insurance products and services to thousands of truckers across the country. Our unique focus on the trucking industry allows us the opportunity to provide valuable insight and understanding to the variety of people we encounter every day. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Great People. Great Careers. Great West Casualty Company.Apply Online