Deputy Chief Financial Officer
Great West Casualty Company specializes in truck insurance products and services. For over 65 years, we have provided premier insurance products and services to thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies across America. We have regional offices located around the country, and nearly 1,000 professionals are proud to call us an employer of choice. We are dedicated to the success, happiness, and wellness of our employees. If you are looking for a company where your contributions are valued, your continued learning is financially supported, and customer service is a priority, we want to talk to you.
As the Deputy Chief Financial Officer, you will drive strategic priorities with the leadership’s team, in close partnership with the business, CFO and across the functional finance and accounting team. Our ideal candidate will have proven ability to manage change to create efficiency and best practice and drive continuous improvement. We are looking for a leader who is forward thinking and can handle complex issues.
- Review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; oversight of the setting of IBNR/ADR reserves; review reinsurance historical experience; budgeting activities, deferred calculation and communications; loss development reporting.
- Ensure preparation and proper distribution of all quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- Consult with CEO, and our owner company to provide resources and sounding board regarding financial decisions and future impact on company.
- Direct accounting contact for reinsurance and captives.
- Ensure reasonable internal controls to protect corporate assets.
- A key accounting point of contact for internal and external auditors during audits.
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or business with accounting emphasis; CPA is required.
- Advanced knowledge in GAAP accounting, auditing, tax, and/or statutory insurance accounting.
- Previous management or leadership experience required.
Why work for us? We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Formal Management Development Program.
- Drive strategic initiatives with the senior leadership team.
- Flexible work environment with a hybrid schedule.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidy.
Apply today and join one of America’s largest insurers of trucking companies as we help keep the nation’s economy moving forward one mile at a time. This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great People Great Careers Great West Casualty CompanyApply Online