Senior Tax Staff Accountant
Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
This position is responsible for the preparation of all required returns, reports, and other filings. Will assist in the planning and research of various tax related items and laws.
- Prepare and assist with the preparation of all federal and state returns, reports, and filings for each of the empirical related companies and owners. These include income tax returns, franchise tax returns, sales & use tax returns, personal property tax renditions, information return forms 5500 for benefit plans, information return forms 1099, forms 8752 to maintain fiscal year ends, unclaimed property reports, census reports, gift tax returns, quarterly estimated income tax payment forms, and all other tax schedules or items.
- Assist, as needed, in connection with all tax-related audits and protests and in responding to all tax-related correspondence from federal and state governmental authorities.
- Maintenance of Tax Investment Records and Schedules for companies.
- Assist with the preparation of majority owners’ personal financial statements.
- Assist with other accounting and financial statement tasks.
- Assist with the preparation of and maintenance of all corporate records and minutes and with the preparation of all required state filings to maintain the corporate status or certificates of authority to do business for all related companies.
- Serve as project manager for long term tax related projects such as LB775 tax credit recapture and more complicated short-term projects, such as property tax protests. Devise project completion plan, including establishing project milestones, assembling data, coordinating team effort, and providing follow through project leadership to successfully complete project on time.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of accounting practices and principals, including tax laws.
- General computer knowledge and proficiency.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Intermediate to advanced MS Excel with use of formulas, pivot tables, and v-lookups.
- Experience with General Ledger or ERP systems.
- Self-directed and able to set priorities.
- Maintain schedules and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees as necessary, both in verbal and written form.
- Ability to maintain confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- Office setting.
**Experience:**5 plus years experience in a tax accounting related position is preferred. Education: Bachelor’sdegree in accounting, preferably tax accounting related discipline from four-year College or University is preferred. Well-rounded, practical experience may be substituted in lieu of formal education. **Department:**Accounting/Finance Reports to (if applicable): Tax Manager
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled Post offer physical and substance testing required.Apply Online